Author: Curtis Aikens
Recipe type: Entree, Main Dish
Unique individual servings of filet mignon with hearty mushroom filling in a light, flaky pastry.
- BEEF WELLINGTON
- 4 (4 to 6 oz) Filet Mignons
- SEASONING FOR FILET
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Olive oil
- 1T minced fresh ginger
- ¼-teaspoon salt
- ¼-teaspoon pepper
- MUSHROOM FILLING
- 1 cup wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- ½ purple onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼-cup olive oil
- 1 sheet of puff pastry dough, quartered
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season Filets with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and rub with the olive oil.
- Allow filets to cool for half an hour.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, and mushrooms in the olive oil.
- Cook until the onions are slightly caramelized.
- Remove mushroom mixture from skillet.
- In hot skillet, sear filets on each side for approximately 5 minutes.
- Let filets cool down.
- Put down a sheet of dough and cut it in quarters.
- Spoon mushroom mixture on the dough and place a filet over the mixture, than wrap the edges of the dough up careful to conceal all of the meat.
- Use Egg yolk to help seal the seams created (once all sides have been closed).
- Bake in oven for approximately 20 minutes.