Southern Baked Beans
Author: Novo Nordisk
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 (16-ounce) can vegetarian baked beans, drained
- ¼ cup low-sodium ketchup
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Cook the bacon in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp, 3 – 4 minutes.
- Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Drain off and discard the fat from the skillet and set over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in bacon, beans, ketchup, maple syrup, barbecue sauce, yellow mustard, and dry mustard.
- Spoon the bean mixture into the baking dish.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake until the edges are bubbly and the filling is hot, about 25 minutes.
Serving size: .5 cup Calories: 150 Fat: 2.5 g Saturated fat: .5 g Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 29 Sodium: 420 mg Fiber: 4 g Protein: 6 g Cholesterol: 5 mg