Strawberry and Spinach Salad
Author: Novo Nordisk
- 1 (10-12-ounce) package baby spinach, washed and dried
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted 1 quart strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 whole cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- Juice of half a lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large salad bowl, toss together spinach, almonds, strawberries, and cucumber.
- In a small glass dish or jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine lemon juice, vinegar, sugar, oil, and poppy seeds.
- Whisk in the glass dish or shake if using a jar.
- Dress the salad right before serving.